Saturday, January 12, 2013

Very First Yoga Class

I have officially taught my very own yoga class. Can you see my smile through the computer screen? It's there, and big.
I am teaching a Tuesday morning Rise & Shine yoga class at the midtown studio at Charm City Yoga.  It's an hour class from 6:30-7:30 and the perfect way to start your day. So there I was early Tuesday morning at 5:45 sitting at the desk, antsy because my first class was about to start. What if no one showed up? Well, 5 of my friends had said they were coming so I knew I wouldn't be the only one there. Turns out 11 people showed up, and as they sat in the classroom, I walked up to the front of the room beaming. SO proud to have gotten to this moment. So excited to be able to share what I love with others.

As soon as I greeted my class my nerves melted away surprisingly. I didn't stumble, I didn't have an awkward pause. All of the practice and studying I had been doing had paid off. The class went by so quickly, and before I knew it I was leading the class down to their backs for Savasana. As they laid there calm and quiet, I sat on my mat grateful. All of my hard work paid off, and I am officially... a yoga teacher.

NAMASTE!



1 comment: